BOOM! TF2 Servers

Windows 9 coming soon article of interest

Started by Chef, August 01, 2014, 02:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOOM! Tribium

Windows 8 was a piece of crap from the beginning. I remember getting a free copy of it from school and Mav telling me not to install it. I suffered for about 5 months with that crappy OS because I didn't have time to trash it and reload my Windows 7 + restore everything to where it was. That being said, I'm still very nervous about the direction that windows has taken with it's new OS. I'm glad that they are giving people the option at least to choose between a desktop environment or a mobile/tablet environment. That is a huge deal, but still not something that will persuade me to ditch windows 7.

Truth be told, I've hooked up my macbook pro to my monitor and have been trying to use it on a regular basis (when not gaming that is). Been playing with the OS more and more and trying to get accustomed to it. In all honesty if I'm not developing or gaming, I really do prefer OS X as a daily driver. When it's time to get to work though, windows is what I have to use.

In my future I probably see myself running a mac mini as a daily driver, and swapping over to my desktop whenever I want to get work done and game(this is way down the road when windows 7 is no longer supported). Apple may screw me though and stop making the mac mini, in which case I'll have to rethink this, but yeah those are kind of my thoughts as of now.

In a perfect world, instead of windows producing so many versions of it's OS, it should instead focus on 2 primary OS. Consumer and Professional. Consumer can be their mainstream OS with all the bells and whistles that dont mean anything to people like me, while professional can be geared toward productivity and stability. Besides if I wanted to make my windows experience "cooler", I wouldn't do it using their stock UI. Third party is always going to produce better looking UI's and widgets any day. On that note though I'm going to stop because I can feel my blood beginning to boil and I dont want to start turning this into a rant.

Good post/read Chef thanks :)

Jam

Windows 7 has got to be the best OS I've ever used. 
Though lately I've been on Windows 8.1 and honestly 
there isn't much difference other than the user interface. 
It's been a year and it's getting better and better each update.
Haven't had problems so far. Gaming is great, haven't ran into 
any compatibility problems other than older games that are not 
Win 8 supported. Once you get used to the shortcuts, 
you'll be just as productive as you were on Windows 7. 
Anyway, I hope Windows 9 would be free, because I sure as hell aren't 
going to pay for it.

BOOM! Tribium

Bubba(and all) I fear that I'm turning into that person that is resistant to change :X

Jam

Haha it's alright man. I felt the same way at first. Still, Windows 7 is irreplaceable.

Chef

Im sticking with seven until it is no longer supported...I did the same with XP because Vista was a train wreck and I  waited for 7 to be released.I will do the same until I am satisfied that the new OP system is good and user friendly...(the way us resistant to change people are.)lol!

Lt. Maverick

They will have to pry my Windows 7 computers from my cold dead hands. I agree that Windows 7 is the best O/S MS has ever made. XP was a workhorse as well and it has served the community VERY well for an incredible 13 years before they finally retired it this year! WOW!

Windows 8,,,  Ummm HELL no! I refuse to learn a new OS that makes me work harder than the one before it. Windows 8 was / is / will be a nightmare from day one and required multiple steps that before were a single or two clicks of a mouse. I have no time to learn how to do stuff all over, especially when it's more difficult than is used to be. Windows 8 should have kept or improved on the things we have all gotten used to, not removed or totally changed them.  Seriously, Windows 7 is so easy to use. Everything most people use is right there in front of you just a click away! Why was it changed! Humans all feel the same way. LEAVE Sh** ALONE MICROSOFT!!! IF IT AINT BROKE, DON'T FIX IT!

That's the problem with many technology companies today. Instead of asking people what they like, they just change Sh** and make us all deal with it. For new people who have never used a product, learning something from day one is far easier than asking people to relearn something they already use. Considering how long the Windows XP/ 7 Layout has been out and the number of people who are using it daily, it makes ZERO sense to change it they way they did with Windows 8. WTF were they thinking? In the end, this cost Microsoft dearly with the release of Windows 8 and it has been destined to go down in history as having the shortest lifespan of all Windows O/S at only 2 years, which is just desserts for that piece of Sh**.

Whew, I feel much better now!

LOL!
Mav

P.S. Welcome to getting old Tribium! Hahahahah!
Mav's Favorite Quotes:
"A pint of sweat, saves a gallon of blood" - General George Patton
"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week" - General George Patton
"No poor bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making other poor bastards die for theirs" - General George Patton
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" - George Orwell
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses." - The Blues Brothers
"AFK for just fifteen guys!" - Mav

Jam

I agree, they should've improved instead of making a new OS, 
and the same case goes to...well...all consumer products! 
But you gotta remember, they're companies who are trying to 
make money. They don't give ten sh*ts about their customers lol. 

Almost 90% of Windows 8 is still Windows 7. They just 
look slightly different in appearance. I hated it too! 
But I kept using it and I gotta say it has improved ALOT 
since release.  Everything is accessible. Shortcuts everywhere. 
I can do things a lot faster in Windows 8 than in 7. That's coming 
from a long time Windows 7 user! :P 
Yes, there isn't a start menu, but you can hit the windows logo key 
and everything is there. You can start typing the name of a file and anything 
associated with it will come up. Drag and drop, right click, do whatever you want. 
Type a program, hit enter and it'll run. Type a website and it'll open your browser. 
Literally, search anything. It even has auto-prediction so you only have to type out a few letters.   
If anything, Windows 7 + very useful features = Windows 8. 
Multitasking is a breeze in W8.
Haters gonna hate! Haha.   

If you hit the windows key, you can switch between windows quickly 
for the search functionality or some simple multitasking/multi-window.   
Easily replaces the Start Menu. But you can still have the start menu if you want 
to add it. So basically all Windows 7 functionality is all there.

If you swipe your cursor from top right and slide it down, there is a sidebar that pops up and everything you'll 
ever need can also be accessed there.

BOOM! Tribium

F*** it I'm old. Non-conformist. Nay-sayer. Whatever you want to call it lol.

Hats off to you Jam for taking the time to learn a new OS, but again I'll most likely be tagging along with the rest of the elderly on this site and hanging on to Windows 7 for as long as possible :P. Much love -   8) PeAcE yO~!

Lt. Maverick

Mav's Favorite Quotes:
"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week" - General George Patton
"No poor bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making other poor bastards die for theirs" - General George Patton
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" - George Orwell
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses." - The Blues Brothers

Jam

Lmaoooo. Hey man we're about the same age. 
Don't worry. I'm just bitter because I bought a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate from a retailer online a year ago and turns out they were a phony company. I got scammed $50 so the product key I was given failed after 1 week. So I had no choice but to live with Windows 8.

Lt. Maverick

@Tribium - LOL!
@ Jam - Not LOL... Sorry!

PS: I have a key for you so it's never too late to switch son.

Mav
Mav's Favorite Quotes:

Jam

I would love to switch, but I've got so many files organized already and a lot of things I'm working on 
that I'd probably go insane re-arranging and transferring lol. But thank you Lt. Mav, that's very nice of you! 

And yes, I was so frustrated because there was no way to contact them. 
Site was called www.365professionals.com

Site Security

SiteLock