Author Topic: Need help finding a ryzen 5 mobo  (Read 161 times)

Need help finding a ryzen 5 mobo
« on: December 03, 2017, 09:41:20 AM »

Offline Simple

• Game Server Admin
  • Manager of Self
    • View Profile
    • Oregon Coast PC
Alrighty,

a client of mine has built a nice little PC. However, the Mobo will not support the Ryzen 5, without an update to the bios (ironically using a better CPU to update with). Since I live in a small town and don't have a Ryzen 7 to use.. We have opted to order a New mobo. I know that the manufacturer of the original board would update it for us, however time has become an issue, and my client lives 60 miles away from me, so having a replacement sent to them, and then to me is a little consuming.

Here are my requirements:

Ryzen 5 1600 support out of the box,
2666mhz ram support speed,
on board video would be nice, but is not a must as we have a card ready for install.
2 ram slots will be enough for this build, but of course 4 is very nice for the future.
Overclocking is not a required feature

and finally, would like to keep the cost below $125.00

Feel free to post links, and if you have an affiliate link, go for it!

Thanks for the help friends
....:Keep.it.Simple:....

Re: Need help finding a ryzen 5 mobo
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 11:59:57 AM »

Offline Lt. Maverick

• Administrator
  • Founder - BOOM! Gaming Community
    • View Profile
    • BOOM! Gaming Community
Hey Brother,

I was dealing with major stuff when you posted this and missed it completely. Sorry!

Did you every resolve this? I bet it was tough finding a board for less $125.00 or less! The Ryzen platform is new and people are paying for that.

I upgraded to the high-end Ryzen Threaddripper 1950X CPU with a Gigabyte Aorus X399 Motherboard. 32 GB of new DR4 RAM too. I'm still stinging from the price but no regrets. My old system parts (AMD 9590FX CPU and Gigabyte 970A Socket AM3+ Motherboard with 16 GB or DDR3-1600 RAM netted nearly retail prices so they helped offset the price of the new parts bigtime.

Take care,
Mav
Mav's Favorite Quotes:
"A pint of sweat, saves a gallon of blood" - General George Patton
"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week" - General George Patton
"No poor bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making other poor bastards die for theirs" - General George Patton
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" - George Orwell
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses." - The Blues Brothers
"AFK for just fifteen guys!" - Mav

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 10:54:06 AM »

Offline BOOM! Tribium

• Members
    • View Profile
Been MIA for a while.

Did you ever get this resolved?

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 11:02:54 AM »

Offline Simple

• Game Server Admin
  • Manager of Self
    • View Profile
    • Oregon Coast PC
Yes I did. I rolled the dice on a different mobo {cost 99.00 from tiger direct). After a couple phone calls to tiger and amd. This was the "best shot" of in the dark ordering.  I'll post part numbers later, as I'm working on my car at the moment. Thanks guys, hope you have a great day
....:Keep.it.Simple:....

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2018, 11:57:31 PM »

Offline Lt. Maverick

• Administrator
  • Founder - BOOM! Gaming Community
    • View Profile
    • BOOM! Gaming Community
Glad you got it figured out bud.. Have a good weekend.

Mav
Mav's Favorite Quotes:
"A pint of sweat, saves a gallon of blood" - General George Patton
"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week" - General George Patton
"No poor bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making other poor bastards die for theirs" - General George Patton
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" - George Orwell
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses." - The Blues Brothers
"AFK for just fifteen guys!" - Mav