Author Topic: Video: Mav's kid bags a Turkey!  (Read 74 times)

Video: Mav's kid bags a Turkey!
« on: April 15, 2017, 03:36:17 PM »

Offline Lt. Maverick

• Administrator
  • Founder - BOOM! Gaming Community
    • View Profile
    • BOOM! Gaming Community
Check out this video of my 14-Year-old son shooting a turkey last weekend.

Enjoy,
Mav

Mav's Favorite Quotes:
"A pint of sweat, saves a gallon of blood" - General George Patton
"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week" - General George Patton
"No poor bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making other poor bastards die for theirs" - General George Patton
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" - George Orwell
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses." - The Blues Brothers
"AFK for just fifteen guys!" - Mav

Re: Video: Mav's kid bags a Turkey!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 05:16:06 PM »

Offline Bueller2

• Game Server Admin
    • View Profile
First thing - Sweet shot.

Second thing - Did I hear a proud father kind of choked up when he first started talking  :)

Third - Holy crap the background setting. Awesome view.

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 06:09:06 PM »

Offline BOOM! Tribium

• Members
    • View Profile
DUDE!!!!

Nice!

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2017, 09:44:37 PM »

Offline Lt. Maverick

• Administrator
  • Founder - BOOM! Gaming Community
    • View Profile
    • BOOM! Gaming Community

Below are a couple pictures of the results.

On the heals of this great time comes some equally terrible news. Two days after this hunt, my dear friend Jon (pictured with his son in the second pic) learned he has cancer and it's not looking good for him. He had no idea at the time I filmed him on this day and he was jumping and waving his arms with joy for my son that he has cancer eating him from the inside.

Jon is such a great person. He is a retired Deputy from my Office and was the guy everyone wanted to be around. He's run his own hunting and fishing guide service (http://watsonsguideservice.com) for many years and had been responsible for a lot of kids getting their first big fish or their first turkey. Two years ago when he took us out for Keaton's first hunt, Jon got all teary and choked up when Keaton got his first bird. It's just who he is, a solid guy with a huge heart.

Yesterday was my 51st birthday and as I look back, I wished that I had done more of this stuff earlier in life instead of working so much. Work is super important, but I needed more balance. So guys, please be responsible and always take care of your business and your family, but also take some time for yourselves and do some things that are fun and memorable. Never pass up the opportunity to do something with your kids. You only get one shot at life, so make the best of it. You never wanna look back at your life and tell yourself "I wish I had done that".

Take care,
Mav
Mav's Favorite Quotes:
"A pint of sweat, saves a gallon of blood" - General George Patton
"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week" - General George Patton
"No poor bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making other poor bastards die for theirs" - General George Patton
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" - George Orwell
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses." - The Blues Brothers
"AFK for just fifteen guys!" - Mav