Author Topic: BOOM! Gaming Going Up for Sale on January 1st 2017 - Updated 12/29/16  (Read 1994 times)

Offline Lt. Maverick

• Administrator
  • Founder - BOOM! Gaming Community
    • View Profile
    • BOOM! Gaming Community
Beginning immediately, I'm listing one of the oldest (11 years) and popular gaming communities for sale. BOOM! Gaming Community and its assets are now for sale. My plan is to have the sales contract take effect by January 1, 2017.

The purchase will include all legal rights to assume ownership and operation of the following:

Ownership of our dedicated game server box ($2000.00 high-performance rack server system)

- Supermicro rackmounted SC815 1U server chassis
  - 4 Intel Xeon 2.4 GHz E5645 CPUs (6-cores each, 24 cores total!)
  - 48 GB RAM DDR3-1666 Server RAM
  - (4) 500 GB Intel Solid State Drives (RAID 5 Disk Array)
  - 1 TB Western Digital Passport USB backup drive
  - Windows 2008 RC2 Server Edition O/S
  - Capable of easily hosting about 48 24-player Valve game servers and a variety of other games

- All rights to BOOM! Gaming Community website and domain (www.boomgaming.net)
  - All rights to our SourceBans website (www.bans.boomgaming.net)
  - All rights to our gameMe stats account with many years of stats (www.boomgaming.gameme.com)
  - All rights to our community and website content, logos and database files

Game Servers:
    - 26 TF2 servers
    - CSS Gungame server

SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY should be emailed to: Support@boomgaming.net - Attention: Lt. Maverick - Owner

Price negotiable but also reasonable. I'm not giving this community away. It's well established and people love playing here. If you're looking to start your own community, don't bother. It's nearly impossible to do now. The only way to run a gaming community is to take over one that is already up and running and well-established.

Regards,
Lt. Maverick
Mav's Favorite Quotes:
"A pint of sweat, saves a gallon of blood" - General George Patton
"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week" - General George Patton
"No poor bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making other poor bastards die for theirs" - General George Patton
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" - George Orwell
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses." - The Blues Brothers
"AFK for just fifteen guys!" - Mav

Re: BOOM! Gaming Going Up for Sale on January 1st 2017
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 07:57:18 PM »

Offline Lt. Maverick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • BOOM! Gaming Community
Update,

I have received no inquiries into the purchase of the Community and of course no one has offered to pay a dime to help. So I'm left with two remaining choices:

1. Close the community and take the servers offline on January 31, 2017.

2. Run ads on the servers to help pay for them.

I've been opposed to running ads on our servers all these years but the time has come that I decide if the ads are better than closing the Community down.

I've started a thread on our Community Group at this link:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/boomgamingcommunity#announcements/detail/529569018173371372

Please visit the link, join our group and weigh in on the discussion if you want to be heard.

Thanks,
Mav
Mav's Favorite Quotes:
"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week" - General George Patton
"No poor bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making other poor bastards die for theirs" - General George Patton
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" - George Orwell
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses." - The Blues Brothers

Re: BOOM! Gaming Going Up for Sale on January 1st 2017 - Updated 12/29/16
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2016, 12:37:59 PM »

Offline - VG - Woody

• Members
    • View Profile
I'm possibly interested if we could work something out.  I've added you on steam to discuss.

Re: BOOM! Gaming Going Up for Sale on January 1st 2017 - Updated 12/29/16
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 07:42:21 PM »

Offline Lt. Maverick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • BOOM! Gaming Community
Based upon a ton of feedback from the Steam Community group, I've decided to install ads on our servers for a couple months to see how it goes. They should start on March 1st or sooner.

Thanks to those who have shown interest in the community.
Mav
Mav's Favorite Quotes: