Author Topic: Help with TF2 Map Editing  (Read 1154 times)

Help with TF2 Map Editing
« on: January 16, 2016, 03:38:56 PM »

Offline The_Rusty_Geek

• Game Server Admin
    • View Profile
So i've seen alot of people complain about spawncamping, and I decided to do something about that. I have made the two team-spawn barriers solid, but still transparent, which should make the spawncamping stop. The only problem I have now is the compiling of the map. Hammer refuses to recognize custom textures (for some reason, the glass textures are seperate) and models. They point to the wrong path, and I am getting compile errors. On top of that, this map hasn't been optimized yet, and since my PC isn't powerful enough, It'll take 2-6 hours to compile, with the most of the time spent on precalculating shading. The custom textures/model fix is the most important, I can deal with the PC problem.

EDIT: the map is: awesomebox8

-BOOM! The_Rusty_Geek

Re: Help with TF2 Map Editing
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 07:12:54 AM »

Offline Lt. Maverick

• Administrator
  • Founder - BOOM! Gaming Community
    • View Profile
    • BOOM! Gaming Community
I know nothing about mapping, but my PC can do the compiling work. Just let me know what you need.

Mav
Mav's Favorite Quotes:
"A pint of sweat, saves a gallon of blood" - General George Patton
"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week" - General George Patton
"No poor bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making other poor bastards die for theirs" - General George Patton
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" - George Orwell
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses." - The Blues Brothers
"AFK for just fifteen guys!" - Mav