Author Topic: Cart Capping Successfully Blocked on HighTower TF2 Server  (Read 1434 times)

Cart Capping Successfully Blocked on HighTower TF2 Server
« on: May 26, 2015, 09:32:47 AM »

Offline Lt. Maverick

• Administrator
  • Founder - BOOM! Gaming Community
    • View Profile
    • BOOM! Gaming Community
Hello Fellow BOOM! Gamers...

This is one of several upcoming announcements I plan to release this week. Please read and stay up to date.

Over the past few weeks, We have fielded many complaints of people coming into the Hightower DeathMatch server and capping the objective with the cart. As usual, newbs join the server without reading the CAPPING IS DISABLED and cap the point repeatedly, thus ruining the fun of using the map as a DM Zone.

Today I successfully resolved the issue so people can no longer capture the point with the cart. The problem was we use a SourceMod plugin to freeze the cart, but the plugin resets itself every time the map changes or someone wins. I have now set a Cron job to automatically run and confirm the capture remain's disabled every 30 seconds. This will effectively block the cart 30 seconds after each round starts.

Please keep me post an any issues that come up and take care.. More to come!

Lt. Maverick
Mav
Mav's Favorite Quotes:
"A pint of sweat, saves a gallon of blood" - General George Patton
"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week" - General George Patton
"No poor bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making other poor bastards die for theirs" - General George Patton
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" - George Orwell
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses." - The Blues Brothers
"AFK for just fifteen guys!" - Mav