BOOM! TF2 Servers

How do you turn off Goomba Stomping in BOOM! Servers?

Started by blaze-it, September 05, 2017, 10:34:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blaze-it

How do you turn goomba off?

Lt. Maverick

Goomba cannot be disabled by players. It's on for everyone.
Mav's Favorite Quotes:
"A pint of sweat, saves a gallon of blood" - General George Patton
"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week" - General George Patton
"No poor bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making other poor bastards die for theirs" - General George Patton
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" - George Orwell
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses." - The Blues Brothers
"AFK for just fifteen guys!" - Mav

blaze-it

How is goomba disabled for some people?

Lt. Maverick

The Goomba plugin has immunity settings. The ability for players to toggle immunity on themselves is turned off on our servers, however the following immunity situations are are not part of the immunity system and are still turned on:

Cloaked spies cannot be stomped
Stunned players cannot be stomped
Ubercharged players cannot be stomped

If you are seeing people who are not being stomped, either the attacker wasn't high enough and therefore not enough force was delivered to the victim to stomp them or the immunity system is broken and it granting immunity to players it shouldn't be.

If you have specific examples the are different than the above, let me know.

I'l split this topic off to it's own because this discussion doesn't belong on the other thread and was hijacking the original thread. Please discuss it here instead.

Take care,
Mav
Mav's Favorite Quotes:
"A pint of sweat, saves a gallon of blood" - General George Patton
"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week" - General George Patton
"No poor bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making other poor bastards die for theirs" - General George Patton
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" - George Orwell
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses." - The Blues Brothers
"AFK for just fifteen guys!" - Mav

SciencyScience

Mav, I got annoyed by Goomba Stomping, and looked up the plugin. I found the official page https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1017585 <--- there.
After some reading, I came across this:

If the immunity cvar (goomba_immunity) is set to 1, you can use those commands (in the console):
- goomba_status print your actual immunity setting in the console.
- goomba_toggle toggle your immunity setting.
- goomba_on disable immunity.
- goomba_off enable immunity.
An immune player can't be stomped but also can't stomp.
Immunity changes take effect on respawn or when you touch a resupply locker (TF2).

Along with this, I found out that you can type the commands with a ! prefix in chat too. However, if you are immune, you can not stomp other people either.

I hope this clears things up.

Note: this has ONLY been tested on the Minecraft server.

Site Security

SiteLock