News:

You can set your account so you will be notified by an email message when someone replies to your one of the posts you started or are watching

Main Menu

I think that the trading servers are really good.

Started by Plaid, September 05, 2017, 07:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plaid

In my personal opinion, I think the trading servers are great. There's no spawn campers in my experience, the people are really nice, they have fair rules, and the servers are just fun to play on. This is my opinion as you know. What do you think about the trading servers?

blaze-it

Lt. Maverick

Thank you Nick! We appreciate your comments and do our best to make them fun. Glad you enjoy them and look forward to seeing you in the servers.

Lt. Maverick
Mav's Favorite Quotes:
"A pint of sweat, saves a gallon of blood" - General George Patton
"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week" - General George Patton
"No poor bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making other poor bastards die for theirs" - General George Patton
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" - George Orwell
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses." - The Blues Brothers
"AFK for just fifteen guys!" - Mav

mikeracoon

There is an area in the base where you change class then it kills, you, I think you should be able to change class on the second floor imo. Also, the headless horseman tagging me as it every 5 seconds gets annoying, and people can see me as an invisible spy, because I was tagged as "it". and when I fall into the lava traps, some of them have no escape so then I have to kill myself. there areas around the map is covered in snipers and its impossible to go outside without getting shot.

Lt. Maverick

QuoteThere is an area in the base where you change class then it kills, you, I think you should be able to change class on the second floor IMO

Yes, when changing classes in the upstairs area of spawn, you die. I don't know why but many maps do this. We have no control over this as it is a game / map issue. Our servers are instant re-spawn so I don't see it as a big issue unless I'm missing something.

QuoteAlso, the headless horseman tagging me as it every 5 seconds gets annoying,  and people can see me as an invisible spy, because I was tagged as "it".

When the Horseless Headless Horsemann does not have a target, a random player within a certain proximity of him will be designated as "It" after a short period of time. On most maps, the Horseless Headless Horsemann will relentlessly chase the player who is "It", slaying any others unfortunate enough to be in the way.
The player designated as "It" is notified via an on-screen message and marked with a floating white skull and crossbones icon. The Horseless Headless Horsemann will change targets if "It" is killed, is far enough away from the Horseless Headless Horsemann, survives for 30 seconds, or is in an area inaccessible to the Horseless Headless Horsemann, such as the respawn room. Additionally, a player can hit an enemy with a melee weapon to pass the "It" status to them, in a manner similar to game of 'Tag'. If no player is currently "It", the Horseless Headless Horsemann may perform a taunt, spreading his arms and releasing a loud "Boo!" Any players within 500 units are stunned and placed into a state of fear. Players wearing the Horseless Headless Horsemann's Head or Saxton Hale Mask are immune to being stunned by the Horseless Headless Horsemann's taunt.

These are characteristics of the Horseless Headless Horsemann and they cannot be changed.

QuoteWhen I fall into the lava traps, some of them have no escape so then I have to kill myself.

Yup, that's correct. It's a map design issue, we can do nothing about it.

QuoteThere areas around the map is covered in snipers and its impossible to go outside without getting shot.

Covered is a bit of a stretch. And it's not hard to leave spawn without keeping picked off by snipers. I've seen a few snipers around and yes, they kill you. That's what snipers do. When this happens to me, I go spy, leave spawn invisible and torment them over and over until they change class. It's one of my favorite things to do.

TF2 is a fun game and working on different ways to kill your enemy is the challenge and keeps the game interesting. Don't let skills that other people have learned push you back, use the challenges to grow your skills and have a more fun. On an Instaspawn server, there's nothing more fun then trying over and over to kill someone until you figure out the best approach.

Take care,
Mav
Mav's Favorite Quotes:
"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week" - General George Patton
"No poor bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making other poor bastards die for theirs" - General George Patton
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" - George Orwell
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses." - The Blues Brothers

mikeracoon

wow are you saying that you can actually get kills as spy?  :P

Lt. Maverick

Mav's Favorite Quotes:

Site Security

SiteLock